Treatment Tips for Augmentin ES
General Information on Using Augmentin ESSome considerations for people taking Augmentin ES include the following:
- The medication comes as an oral suspension (liquid) that is usually taken twice daily.
- Be sure to shake this medication well before each dose.
- Augmentin ES should be taken at the start of a meal, as food increases the absorption of this antibiotic.
- It does not matter what time of day you give your child this medication. However, it should be given at the same times each day (with about 12 hours between doses) to maintain an even level of the medication in your child's system.
- After your pharmacist mixes up Augmentin ES, it should be stored in the refrigerator and must be discarded 10 days after being mixed.
- For the drug to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work adequately if your child stops taking it too soon.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your child's dosage or Augmentin ES dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.