Taking Augmentin ES Safely
- The medication comes in the form of an oral suspension (liquid) that is usually taken twice daily.
- Be sure to shake this medication well before each dose.
- Augmentin ES should be taken at the start of a meal, as food increases the absorption of this antibiotic.
- It does not matter what time of day your child takes this medication. However, it should be taken at the same times each day (with about 12 hours between doses) to maintain an even level of the medication in the body.
- After your pharmacist mixes up Augmentin ES, it should be stored in the refrigerator and must be discarded 10 days after being mixed.
- For the drug to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work adequately if your child stops taking it too soon.
Dosing InformationThe dose of this medication a healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on the weight of the child. As is always the case, do not adjust the dose unless the healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Augmentin ES Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Augmentin ESAs with any medicine, Augmentin ES may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, many people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common, but do sometimes occur.
Possible side effects of this drug include but are not limited to:
(Click Augmentin ES Side Effects to learn more.)