Problems With Augmentin ES That Require Medical Care
Serious Side EffectsThere are a number of possible Augmentin ES side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of liver problems (which occur very rarely), such as:
- Yellow eyes
- Yellow skin (jaundice)
- Very dark urine (although Augmentin ES can cause a harmless discoloration of urine)
- Upper-right abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Very severe, bloody, or watery diarrhea
- Any diarrhea that lasts for more than two or three days (mild, temporary diarrhea is common and is not usually a cause for concern)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
Final ThoughtsYour child may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if your child will have problems with a medicine that has never been tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if your child develops any adverse reactions while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Augmentin ES, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.