Floxin Otic Overdose
Some of the possible effects of an overdose with Floxin Otic (ofloxacin otic solution) include ear irritation, such as burning, discomfort, or itching. However, the specific effects will vary, based on how much was taken and whether it was used in the ears or taken by mouth. Treatment will likely involve supportive care, which consists of treating any symptoms that result from the overdose.
Can You Use Too Much Floxin Otic?Floxin® Otic (ofloxacin otic solution) is a prescription ear drop used to treat certain bacterial infections of ear. It belongs to a group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones, or "quinolones" for short.
As with most medications, it may be possible to use too much Floxin Otic. Although the specific effects of an overdose are not fully known, they would likely vary depending on a number of factors, including the Floxin Otic dosage and how it was taken (used in the ear or taken by mouth).
What Are the Effects of a Floxin Overdose?It is not known if it is possible to overdose on this ear drop or what the specific effects might be, as there have been no reported cases of a Floxin Otic overdose. However, using too much of this medication in the ears may cause ear irritation, such as burning, discomfort, or itching.
Taking an overdose of Floxin Otic by mouth could cause effects similar to an overdose with ofloxacin, the active ingredient in Floxin Otic. These effects may include:
- Hot and cold flashes
- Facial swelling
- Numbness in the face
- Slurred speech.
Such problems are unlikely, however, because the amount of ofloxacin in an entire bottle of Floxin Otic is quite small.