Instructions for Floxin Otic
- This medication comes in the form of an ear drop. It is normally used in the infected ear once or twice a day for 7 to 14 days.
- Try to use this medication at the same time each day.
- Warm Floxin Otic by holding it in your hands for one to minutes before using it. This will help minimize dizziness that may result from using cold ear drops.
- Do not touch the tip of the applicator to your fingers, ear, or any other surface. This will help keep the applicator tip clean and prevent germs from getting into the medication.
- This medication should only be used in the ear. Do not take it by mouth, put it in your nose or eyes, or apply it to your skin.
- Keep your ear clean and dry during treatment. Avoid getting it wet during bathing, and do not go swimming unless your healthcare provider tells you otherwise.
- You should begin to feel better within a few days of starting Floxin Otic. However, this does not mean your infection is gone. Use this medication for as long as your healthcare provider has instructed. Stopping the medicine too soon may cause the infection to return or lead to antibiotic resistance.
- Throw out any unused medication when you finish your treatment. Do not save it for later use.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Floxin Otic your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on:
- Your age
- The type of infection being treated.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Floxin Otic Dosage for more information.)